Had about 30 friends and relatives over for my youngest boy’s birthday party. We had a lot to do this morning so I got out early for a 4 mile run. Notes for today’s run:
- Slower pace than I expected - 13:16 per mile. I didn’t have any problems, run went/felt great. But I was easily distracted this morning and kept slowing down and had to keep reminding myself to push.
- I used a new nike+ gps app on my phone for the first time. I don’t know if the time counts with me having to wait at stop lights or it it automatically figures out that I’m not running. Spent 4-6 minutes standing at stupid stoplights.
- You know how in the movies, the guys gets passed by the hot girl and he steps it up to keep up with her and look extra studly? Heh… Well first of all, I’m happily married, I’m not going to try to look studly for anyone. Second, I know that if I tried, I’m NOT going to impress anyone. However, evidently the distraction is enough to make me lose focus and screw up my breathing and my pace even though I’m not even trying to keep up. So I end up losing ground from the pace I was going.
- I need to start running with a big rock in my hand when I’m running on streets where I have to be on the shoulder. Jerk in a BMW decided to swerve into the shoulder and gun his engine at me. Instead of getting the reaction he was looking for and jumping out of the way, I pick up a big rock and wound up to hurl it through his window. That got him to move off the shoulder very quickly.
- Self entitled jerks in BMW’s that harass people running call the cops when you threaten to throw rocks at them. Fortunately, the police just observed me for a while - didn’t even talk to me.